Background and purpose
It's time for Korea to shift from a catch-up economy to a leading economy.
- The traditional catch-up economy of advanced countries reached the limit.
- Countries around the world compete fiercely to secure future-leading growth engines.
The core of the digital transformation, Korea’s future food is “software”
- 2022 World’s Top 10 Companies : Complete weight shift from manufacture/HW to SW(4 SW flagship companies in the top 5)
- World's 10th-largest economy vs. 0.9% (16th) of the Korean SW market.
- Improving the constitution to a SW-centered high value-added industry through digital transformation, and laying the foundation for sustainable innovation growth is urgent.
Financial Healthcare HW Healthcare Energy
||3. Saudi Aramco
|SW + HW
|6. Berkshire Hathaway
||7. United Health
||9. Johnson & Johnson
※ Top 10 Global Companies by Market Capitalization in December 2022
※ Energy and healthcare companies made strides due to the COVID-19 and Ukraine crisis, but SW companies still lead the global market.
SW Business Fair that opens the front line of digital transformation
- Since it was first held in 2016, it has grown by more than 10% every year(Number of participating companies and visitors)
- It has established itself as the professional international SW business exhibition with maximum localization
- Discovery of innovative technologies/companies and BMs including Ai, Big Data, Metaverse, and NFT
Expected effect of Soft Wave in Korea’s Software Show
- Creating a global market for SW and SW convergence industries that will lead the future economy
- Innovative technologies, services, business models, startup debuts, and market entry
- Testbeds of public/private R&D performance, and a place for commercialization and finding partners(It will be held simultaneously with the Ministry of Science, and ICT‘s “S/W Week” event)